Telangana budget 2016-17: This year Telangana budget 2016-2017 Telangana budget Etela Rajender 2016-17 budget purpose of telangana budget. Telangana Finance Minister Etela Rajender on Monday 14th March 2016 presented the state budget in the assembly at Hyderabad. Telangna State FM proposed an expenditure of Rs.1,30,415 crore for the financial year 2016-17.
This includes a plan expenditure of Rs 67,630 crore and non-plan expenditure outlay of Rs 62,785 crore. Last year for 2015-16 budget was Rs.1.15 lakh crore and the budget of 2016-17 is better than compared to the 2015-16 budget. Telangana fiscal deficit is 3.5 per cent and Telangana economy expected to growth rate is 11.7% in 2015-16, Telangana economy expected to growth for 2015-16 is 11.7% whereas 2016-17 expected economy growth rate is same as comparing with 2015-16.
Let’s check here the major allocations made in the budget:
- Agriculture and Cooperation – Rs. 6400.81 Cr
- Backward Classes Welfare – Rs. 2537.51 Cr
- Women’s and Child Welfare – Rs. 1552.58 Cr
- Energy – Rs. 5341.46 Cr
- Food & Civil Supplies – Rs. 2312.87 Cr
- Medical & Health – Rs. 5966.89 Cr
- Higher Education – Rs. 2164 Cr
- Housing – Rs. 860.37 Cr
- Irrigation & CAD – Rs. 26,652.35 Cr
- Minorities Welfare – Rs. 1204.44 Cr
- Municipal Administration & Urban Development – Rs. 4815.44 Cr
- Panchayat Raj & Rural Development – Rs. 10,730.70 Cr
- Scheduled Caste Department – Rs. 7122.21 Cr
- Secondary Education – Rs. 8574.64 Cr
- Tribal Welfare – Rs. 3752.37 Cr.
Telangana FM Rajender termed the budget as a step towards fulfilling the dream of ‘Bangaru (golden) Telangana’ and he said the budget will fulfil the aspirations of the people desire. The fiscal deficit is projected at Rs.23,467 crore, the finance minister placed the budget with estimated revenue surplus of Rs 3,381 crore and Focusing on remaining sector in the budget Rs.25,000 crore has allocated for the irrigation sector. An allocation of Rs 7,861 crore has been made for Palamuru lift irrigation project, Rs.6,286 crore, for Kaleswaram project and Rs 1,150 crore for Sitarama project. Under Panchayat Raj and Rural Development is Rs 10,731 crore allocated including the provision for MGNREGS. Mr FM said for roads and bridges is Rs 3,333 crore and new for buildings is Rs 457 crore, new building for the Legislative Assembly, a new international convention Centre, offices for MLAs will be taken up during 2016-17 year. ‘Mission Bhagiratha’ and Two-bed room housing are proposed to be funded entirely from budgetary resources only sated by Telangana FM.